Search This Blog

30 October 2014

Glamorous and Gory Halloween | The Dead Flapper Girl

Glamorous and Gory Halloween Costume | The Dead Flapper Girl
Dead Flapper Girl
Just in time for Halloween, I thought I'd share some fancy dress inspiration in the form of my costume last year: The Dead Flapper Girl. With the help of loo roll (yes, really), eyelash glue, fake blood and LOTS of eyeshadow, I created one of my favourite ever looks. I loved having the opportunity to get creative with my make-up bag.

The main focus of the look is the open wounds, and believe it or not, that's where the loo roll comes in! When applied with eyelash glue and coloured in using a combination of red lipstick, black eyeshadow and fake blood, it gives a surprisingly realistic effect. This Glamorous Zombie tutorial by Doll Face Ree gives a good explanation for how to achieve those type of wounds.

Glamorous and Gory Halloween Costume | The Dead Flapper Girl
Loo roll, eyelash glue and fake blood are used to create surprisingly realistic wounds
Classic 1920s make-up - all purple smokey eyes and red lips - worked as the perfect contrast with all that gore. To really up the halloween ante, I used matte textured sludgy-coloured eyeshadow to create a sunken effect under the eyes and in the cheekbones.

Glamorous and Gory Halloween Costume | The Dead Flapper Girl
Time-consuming but worth it: A giant crimper helped to create 1920s finger waves
To create the 1920s finger waves, the Babyliss Pro Triple Barrel Waver worked a treat. It took AGES to work my way through my long hair, but I was thrilled with the finished result after pinning it up to create a faux-bob. 

So there's my favourite halloween look - what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment