Search This Blog

28 October 2014

Mojito Loves | Clarins Instant Concealer

Clarins Instant Concealer

Clarins Instant Concealer

Clarins Instant Concealer

Clarins Instant Concealer

When I recently had enough Boots points for a beauty splurge, I decided to give the Clarins Instant Concealer a go after reading good reviews about it. I'm really glad I did - it was love at first use.

Concealer tends to have two very different functions – offering either coverage or brightening effects – and I’ve yet to find one that manages to do both very successfully. All too often, those that offer a decent level of coverage to disguise under-eye luggage or spots can be very drying. Brightening concealers, such as the infamous YSL Touche Eclat, don't provide any coverage at all. 

One of my main complexion issues is dark circles and dryness under the eyes. When combined with pink eyelids, this has the effect of making me look constantly tired. At 35 weeks pregnant, I am constantly tired, but it doesn’t mean I want to look it! I also have red thread veins around the side of my nose and redness on my cheeks and chin, so concealer is one of the products I never leave home without.

Clarins Instant Concealer: Texture and application

With its light texture, a medium buildable coverage, and light-reflecting particles, the Clarins Instant Concealer is pretty much the perfect consistency. Its creamy formula is a dream to apply. A little goes a long way – as you can see in the image above, a small amount covered all of my problem areas. I find it applies best with the ring finger to smooth it on and then pat it in. Best of all, it doesn’t go cakey – even on my dry skin and when reapplied throughout the day.

Clarins Instant Concealer: In action

It’s being marketed specifically as an under-eye concealer and it really does conceal dark circles and brighten this area very well. I’ve also been using it to cover imperfections elsewhere on my face and it does an equally good job there, concealing the thread veins around my nose and the redness on my cheeks and chin, whilst still looking natural. I’m seriously impressed.

Here it is on the right side of my face (the left as you look at it) - under the eyes, on the eyelids, around the nose and on the cheeks and chin - I look so much fresher and all the redness has been well concealed.

Clarins Instant Concealer

Clarins Instant Concealer: Should you buy it?

There are currently only three shades in the range so it’s not ideal if you have very dark skin. I have 01 which is a perfect match for my pale complexion. At £21.00, it’s an investment product but one which really delivers for me. I would definitely purchase it again – even if I don’t have enough Boots points to foot the bill next time!
 

You can buy the Clarins Instant Concealer HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment