Search This Blog

17 April 2014

Daytime bold lips


Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Rush Balm, On Fire

Things are still looking a bit, well, pasty after emerging from the depths of winter. My go-to remedy for this is always a bold lip. It quickly and easily brightens a tired face and instantly makes you look that little bit more polished. Hell, a pop of colour even lifts my spirits on grey rainy days. Whilst it may not be for everyone as a daytime look, it's worth giving a go if you want an easy to achieve make-up look with a little bit of oomph.

My current favourite bold lip colour is the Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Rush Balm in On Fire. The design is very similar to the hugely popular Clinique Chubby Stick, but IMHO, this one is better. The Chubby Sticks are lovely, but their wear time lets them down. On application the Colour Rush Balm is neither sticky nor glossy. It feels comfortable and lightweight on the lips and even once the initial moisture hit has dissipated, it leaves a lovely stain that isn't at all drying.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Rush Balm, On Fire

On Fire is a pretty coral colour that reads a little red and a little pink in different lights. Orange lips are a big look at the moment and this is a much more wearable take on the sometimes unforgiving trend. I particularly like the contrast of it against my pale skin but it would look pretty with a tan, and would suit darker skin tones too. Wear time is really good. So good in fact that I even awoke with coral lips this morning after wearing it yesterday. Here I've paired it with really simple make-up which took just ten minutes to achieve. I happily sport this look for work and it's more than do-able when I'm still bleary eyed and in a rush.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Rush Balm, On Fire

At just £5.99 for the Rimmel balm and £17.00 for the Clinique offering, it's a bit of a no-brainer. Best of all, there's currently a 3 for 2 offer on Rimmel products at Boots.

Get the look

Lips: Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Rush Balm, On Fire, £5.99
Face: No.7 Instant Radiance Foundation, Cool Vanilla, £12.50
Under eyes: Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer, Light Sand, £18.50
Cheeks: Nars Blush, Deep Throat, £21.50
Eyes: Mac Eyeshadow, Patina, £12.50
Lashes: Max Factor Masterpiece Max, Black/Brown, £9.99
Brows: Mac Eyeshadow, Concrete, £12.50

So there you go, my current favourite daytime look. What do you think? Is a bold lip something you already wear during the day? Or would you not even consider it for work?

5 comments:

  1. On the days I do makeup, I have two looks for work! Smokey eye and nude lip, or black eyeliner and red lip. On dress down days and weekends - purple! I like a bold lip, it looks like you've made an effort even when you haven't. I like Collection's lip stain things, they look like a marker pen but the colour lasts really well for the pricev(under a 5er on offer in Boots). No moisture tho, so if you don't fancy a matte lip, needs gloss too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very tempted by these though, especially as I fancied a chubby stick. These sound a better option

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love smokey eyes too but I find I need to spend much longer on them than when I focus on lips so it's not practical for an everyday look for me. I've tried the felt tip stains too - from Revlon, Max Factor and Rimmell and I found them patchy and drying. These balms are so much better as they're moisturising and can be blotted down to a stain whilst still not drying the lips out. If you true one let me know what you think. And I agree, you can't beat a bit of black liner and a red lip! X

      Delete
  3. payday next week and i will be treating myself to one of these!

    thank you for the recommendation, i too had fancied the clinique ones but couldnt face the pricetag- and was sceptical about other being 'cheap' imitations. now i know better :o)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was a bit sceptical too but I've been really impressed. Let me know how you find it if you do get one x

      Delete