Search This Blog

1 January 2014

The ghost of new year's past

As we settle into 2014, and I've just about recovered from the previous night's festivities, I'm reminded of last new year's eve. 

Illness had struck and I'd succumbed to the grips of the lurgy. Red nosed and sneezing every 30 seconds, with an absolute bitch of a spot on my chin, it's fair to say I wasn't feeling or looking my best.

Never one to turn down an invitation to a soiree and with the prospect of champagne on ice waiting for me, I set about making myself look vaguely human again. This was no mean feat.

Taken just two hours apart, THIS is why I love make-up.  


Now, let us not beat around the proverbial bush. Exhibit A, i.e. the "before" shot is pretty much the worst photograph that's ever been taken of me. Could I look anymore sorry for myself? 

Exhibit B? Rosy cheeks instantly brighten a weary face. Smokey green eyes detract from the redness around my nose and chin, which my trusty Double Wear concealer did a fine job of disguising. A nude lip is suitably low maintenance for an ailing lady wanting to sip champagne of an evening. Not too shabby. Even if I do say so myself.


And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I love make up.

Love, 

Miss Mojito 

xxx





2 comments:

  1. NO WAY! That is not you! I'm off running to the nearest cosmetic shop...

    ReplyDelete