Search This Blog

4 June 2014

The Liebster Blogging Award

The Beauty Scriptures
The lovely Adele from Ace Sparkle Star has nominated me for a Liebster Blogging Award! 

The rules are listed at the bottom of this page, but it's basically an online award to recognise and support bloggers with a low number of followers (some rules say it's under 200, other say under 1,000). As a new blogger, this is a great way to spread the word about my blog and share some of the blogs I enjoy reading too. 

Scroll down to the bottom to see my nominations. 

Q & A with Ruth Mojito

Me
Why did you start blogging?
I love writing, and over the years I’ve picked up quite a bit of knowledge about make-up and beauty products, so it kind of made sense to bring the two together. It took me years to get round to finally doing it though! I was nervous about putting myself out there, but I’m really glad I eventually did.

What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
One of the things I like about blogging is having an outlet for my creativity, which the day job doesn’t always allow. I also really enjoy trying out new products and make-up looks and being able to share my thoughts with my readers. My favourite thing though is getting feedback from people – when I hear someone saying they’ve enjoyed reading the blog, or they’ve tried and loved a product I’ve recommended, it gives me a great sense of satisfaction.

Where did the inspiration come from for your blog name?
It was a shower moment after thinking of hundreds of other (rubbish) names. I love the name The Beauty Scriptures – it's memorable and it does what it says on the tin.

Do you prefer a night in or out?
I'm always partial to a night on the cocktails but I’m increasingly enjoying nights in with good food, good wine and good company. Yes, I am officially old.

Describe your ideal day out.
I love food, family, friends, sleep, sunshine and being by the sea. A day which involves any or all of these things is a good day.

What’s your favourite film and why?
I’m not really a film buff, but I could watch Chocolat over and over again. I love the moody French atmosphere, the soundtrack, the actors, Juliette Binoche's amazing wardrobe and of course, the confectionery. Let's gloss over Johnny Depp's questionable Irish accent though....


My two favourites
Do you have any pets, if so what?
I have two beloved rescue cats. I found Atticus (the tabby) as a kitten on my doorstep one cold and rainy November evening three years ago, and I got Buddy from the Cats Protection a few months later to keep him company. Despite the fact that they wreck my furniture, puke on my carpet, cost me a fortune and wake me up at crazy hours, they have brought much joy to my life. I'm definitely a self-confessed crazy cat lady!

If you could choose only one brand of make-up what would it be?
Each brand has different strengths, so this is a tricky one. If I HAD to pick one though, it would probably be Estee Lauder as they do a great range of bases, good lip, eye and blush colours, and their skincare is excellent.


High-End or Drugstore?
My make-up bag is made up of well chosen items from a range of high-end and drugstore brands. I'm always happy to pay for something which does what it claims to do really well, but I'll happily use cheaper alternatives if they are good. If something is effective, or it makes you feel amazing, then it's worth every penny but it should be about value for money, not price. Sometimes you get what you pay for, sometimes you don't and it drives me mad when premium brands charge premium prices for mediocre products. There are some great drugstore items out there which I really enjoy using.

What’s your favourite colour?

Coral, for its ability to always brighten my day.

What’s the one item of make-up you can not live without?

Just one? I'll narrow it down to three first. 
  1. Concealer to cover blotchiness and disguise dark circles. 
  2. Mascara for my albino lashes. 
  3. Kick ass red lipstick. It brightens my face and instantly makes me feel more polished. 
If you tortured me to make me choose just one, it would have to be the red lipstick. Why? Because hopefully a fabulous bold lip will detract from said blotchiness and albino lashes!

11 random facts about me
A very young-looking me on Neighbours' Ramsey Street
whilst travelling when I was 21
  1. I'm terribly indecisive. I think.
  2. I went travelling on my own around Australia and Thailand when I was 21. It's the best thing I've ever done.
  3. If I had to pick one food to eat for the rest of my life, it would be pizza. Not just any pizza though - a stone baked, super thin Italian pizza, preferably with Buffalo mozzarella, basil, artichoke and pine nuts. Living the middle class dream.
  4. I'm a member of Sheffield's Seven Hills Women's Institute. Yes, we do bake (and eat) a lot of cakes, but no, we aren't all grannys.
  5. I used to be scared of cats.
  6. My favourite book is To Kill a Mockingbird. Atticus is such an inspirational character. He does the right thing, despite it being the hardest course of action and it's something we can all learn from. His namesake, my cat Atticus, is just as wise, obvs.
  7. There's a German Baroness in my not-too-distant family tree. Yes, you may curtsy when you meet me.
  8. I helped to organise a Guinness World Record for the most people flipping pancakes in 2012. There were 890 people in total and we're still the record holders! 
  9. My favourite perfume is Dior's Midnight Poison but they've annoyingly discontinued it. I have one bottle left and it's on rations.
  10. I'd love to live abroad at some point. Preferably somewhere sunny, with a view out to sea. You can't get much more different from land-locked Sheffield!
  11. A weekend is not a weekend without at least one siesta. Fact.
My nominations

These are some of the blogs I find interesting, inspirational, or just enjoy reading:

Kim's Beauty Draw
Rinica Writes
So Bad Ass
Pretty Thrifty
Real Ale Women Eat Pie 
Dr JenkinSunts

My questions for you
  1. What made you decide to start blogging?
  2. What's your favourite thing about blogging?
  3. What's your least favourite thing about blogging?
  4. Name your top five ideal dinner guests, dead or alive.
  5. What's been the best experience of your life so far?
  6. Tea or coffee?
  7. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
  8. Describe yourself in five words.
  9. Night in or night out?
  10. Do you have any pets?
  11. What's the one beauty product that you can't live without?
And lastly... The Liebster Award Rules
  1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
  2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
  3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
  4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
  5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
  6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
  7. List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
  8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment