Search This Blog

21 February 2014

Clinique Foundation Five Day Sample

I’m a big fan of foundation samples. Not only does shop lighting make it nigh on impossible to get an accurate colour match, there’s just nothing like trying something for yourself at home before handing over your hard earned cash. Whereas you may slap foundation on with your fingers of a morning, an in-store beauty advisor can happily while away fifteen minutes blending it in beautifully with an expensive brush. Not that the latter method is necessarily better, but you will get a different effect. 

Having made many, many horrible choices in the past (see my foundation graveyard for evidence) I now refuse to buy foundation without trying a sample at home first. 

To coincide with the launch of their online Foundation Finder, Clinique are currently offering a free five day sample from any of their counters. 


Clinique Foundation Five Day Sample


Clinique Foundation Five Day Sample

Clinique was one of the first brands I got into when I was younger so I’ve tried their foundations before. I like that they have a good colour range and can accommodate my pale skin. Whereas back in the day, Superbalanced fitted the bill, nowadays I prefer slightly more coverage. After a quick chat with their advisor at Boots, I was prescribed Even Better Makeup in Alabaster (incidentally I just did the online Foundation Finder and got the same result). I was seriously impressed with the amount they are offering in their samples. There’s enough to enable me to try it out a few times - with a brush, with fingers, during the day and at night. I’ve used it once so far - a two minute rush job before work - and first impressions are good.

If you’re passing a Clinique counter this weekend, it’s definitely worth taking advantage of this offer. If you do, I’d love to know how you get on.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this- great post! Made me rethink my long term choice of Superbalanced. The foundation finder recommends Perfectly Real Compact make-up, so I might try that next time. Now if only I could find an oil-free base with SPF that addresses oily / combination skin and lines / skin ageing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) If you find a foundation that can do all of those things, I demand you let me know immediately! x

      Delete