Search This Blog

6 February 2014

Lyn Harris Perfume Update

Earlier in the week I wrote a post about a Miller Harris diffusion line on sale for just £12.50 at Marks and Spencer. Since then, I may or may not (I may) have been back to M&S to bag La Poudree and La Rose from this soon to be deceased range. Oops.

La Poudree

La Poudree is a feminine, blousy fragrance with a distinctly old-fashioned feel. Old-fashioned in a good way. Glamorous old-fashioned. Initially powdery as the name suggests, it settles down to a soft sweet, vanilla scent. It's not a perfume I'd usually plump for, but it makes me feel pretty and girly and I'm surprised at how much I like it.

La Rose

I'm a granny at heart and it's a fact universally acknowledged that all good grannies love a rosy scent. Surprisingly though, this offering is not in the least bit grannyish, making it ideal for the non-granny contingent amongst you. Yes it's floral, but it's got a sharpness to it which keeps it feeling fresh and modern. Me likes. A lot.

Perfume alchemy

After spraying the testers before purchasing, I was left with La Poudree on my left wrist and La Rose on my right. It got me to thinking that the sweetness of the former would work well with the sharpness of the latter. So this morning, I layered the two scents together to see if my nose was onto something. It was. With a layer of La Rose atop a spritz of La Poudree I smelt absolutely bloomin' gorgeous. If I do say so myself. Best of all, my custom scent was still going strong a whole 9 hours later. Not even my favourite premium scents last that long. Very impressive.

For just £12.50, these fragrances offer superb quality at a knock down price. They're sold out online and likely to be discontinued, so grab a bottle in your local M&S while you still can.

4 comments:

  1. Totally just bought both of these... Oopsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erm....I bought them all, well actually the set of 3 minis and then the perfume and body lotion set of La Fleur (my fave) and a La Rose reed diffuser and Le Sauvage (for the OH but unfortunately it smells like my Dad, who smells good but it's not right for your OH to smell like your Dad). It seems I got a little carried away online x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it's not just me who got a bit carried away! I'm very pleased to hear they're back in stock online - I've got my eye on the La Rose candle - so gorgeous and SUCH a bargain at £7.50 x

      Delete