Search This Blog

1 March 2014

Budget Beauty #1 | Hask Argan Oil


Sometimes it's worth spending a few extra pennies, and sometimes it ain't. I've got plenty of time for pricier products which do what they promise on their (no doubt beautifully packaged) tins, but I've often been let down by their bold claims to revive my lacklustre locks or eradicate my ever increasing wrinkles.

Ruth Mojito
Look, it's me!
 To coincide with the launch of my first column in Toast magazine, over the next five days I'll be sharing an extended version on The Beauty Scriptures. This month it's all about my tried and tested favourites which offer more bang for their buck. First up is a surprising little find from Primark...

The trend for serums has passed and oils are where it's at. As the owner of wayward puffy hair, this can only be good news. Previously underwhelmed by the over-hyped (and significantly pricier) Moroccanoil LightI had low expectations of the Hask Argan Oil when I popped a bottle into my Primark basket a few months back. 

But seriously, it is one of the best hair products I've ever used. 

Hask Argan Oil | £2.50 | Primark
I'm a low maintenance girl when it comes to my locks, preferring to leave my hair to dry naturally for all but the most special of occasions. Unfortunately, the results can be wildly inconsistent. No longer. This £2.50 bottle of goodness produces smooth, shiny hair every time. And teeny though the bottle may be (18ml), I use a hefty glug on damp hair after every wash, then run a small amount through when it's dry to take away any remaining frizz and it lasts me about a month. 

If Primark ever discontinue it, I may cry.

So there we have it, the first of my five favourite budget beauties - what are yours? 

2 comments:

  1. This is a good tip for me, definitely! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try it, let me know how you get on! x

      Delete