Search This Blog

18 March 2014

Mojito Loves | Korres Wild Rose Lip Butter

Korres Wild Rose Lip Butter

Despite my addiction to lip balm I’ve never been a fan of the tinted varieties. Neither moisturising enough, nor packing enough of a colour punch, I’ve struggled to find one that does any of the things it professes to do very well.

One particular foray into the world of tinted balms resulted in a nasty jam-coloured ring around my mouth (never a good look). Another left me with a frosted pink pout which I’m sure looked great in 1987.

However, I've just discovered the Wild Rose Lip Butter from all-natural Greek brand Korres, and in the week since I got my hands on it, I’ve not reached for a single other lip product. That’s practically unheard of for me who would happily change up my lip colour on an hourly basis.

Korres Wild Rose Lip Butter

So what’s good about it? First up, it’s super pretty in the pot with a pleasant but not overpowering rose scent. On first dip the butter connection becomes apparent – it feels gorgeously slippy, without being at all greasy or sticky. You can feel the natural ingredients (including shea butter, vitamin C, and linoleic and linolenic acid) working their magic, leaving lips feeling protected, softened and well moisturised. Any good lip balm should do those things but what sets this one apart is the gorgeous colour it imparts. Neither glossy nor matt, the dark shade in the pot gives way to a very subtle red with pink undertones and it is truly lovely.

Korres Wild Rose Lip Butter

You know the whole “your lips but better” thing? That. Granted, neither the colour nor the moisture hit are particularly long lasting, but it fades evenly (no nasty ring in sight) and I happily reapply it throughout the day because it’s such a joy to use.

This balm is the first of Korres product I’ve tried but I’ll definitely be giving some of their other offerings a go. I’ve already got a Guava Lip Butter winging its way to me in fact.

Korres Wild Rose Lip Butter is £8.00 including free delivery from Look Fantastic.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment