Search This Blog

4 March 2014

Budget Beauty #4 | Cotton Flannels


Soaked in icy cold water for a morning pick-me-up and steaming hot at the end of the day, the humble cotton flannel has been a revelation since I introduced it into my skincare regime a couple of months ago.

Primark Cotton Flannels
Cotton flannels | £1.50 | Primark
Skin is left feeling super clean when used to wipe away cream or oil cleanser and they make light work of removing stubborn eye make up. At £1.50 for a pack of three in Primark and widely available elsewhere, you can quickly acquire a plentiful stockpile. 

A grubby flannel equals a grubby face though, so don't be tempted to re-use each one more than twice. I use a fresh flannel each morning and pop it in the laundry basket after cleansing in the evening. 

Word to the wise: Using fabric conditioner in your wash removes the flannel's gentle exfoliating qualities so is best avoided.

What are your favourite budget beauty products?  

6 comments:

  1. Great post and you have a wonderful blog, I hope we can follow each other, if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN please let me know so I can follow you back. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Followed - great blog. Thanks for the feedback too x

      Delete
  2. I think everyone goes to Primark to pick up new cotton flannels. :) They're amazing for the price!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, can't beat Primark for the odd bargain or two!

      Delete
  3. I use flannels in the shower to rub off facial scrub. Makes the world of difference.

    ReplyDelete